YOUNG PEOPLE FIND LANGUAGE FOR THEIR FAITH
TOPICS FOR COMPETITION ARRANGED BY THEME
1. “I am a mission, always, you are a mission, always: every baptised man and woman is a mission” Pope Francis 9 June, 2019
2. “Jesus teaches us another way: Go out and share your testimony, go out and interact with your brothers, go out and share” Pope Francis 13th March 2013
3. “The hope for a better future always starts from one’s own activity and initiative, then from one’s work, and never from the material means available” Pope Francis June 2018 to the Federation of Masters of Labour.
4. “It is essential to help children and adolescents to realise misbehavior has consequences” Amoris Laetitia Para 268
Social Media and the Gospel
5. The Net is an opportunity to promote encounter with others, but it can also increase our self-isolation. Pope Francis on World Communications Day 2019
6. How can we be “believers” in the digital world, and conversely, reflect on the impact which the digital world is having on Church. Archbishop Eamon Martin May 2019
7. Tweeting the Gospel – a new opportunity for the Church.
8. They (the youth) know how to organise events , sports competitions and ways to evangelise using social media, though text messages, songs, videos and other ways. Post Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Christus Vivit
9. “Human beings, while capable of the worst, are also capable of rising above themselves, choosing again what is good, and making a new start. Laudato Si Para 245
10. “Young people seek to engage with and address the social justice issues of our time” Report by young people who met in Rome in March 2018 before the Synod meeting.
11. “Peace is not only the absence of war but an untiring commitment to restoring people’s rights and Dignity” Pope Francis, Mozambique September 2019.
12. “I encourage you, in fidelity to your roots, to take uo the challenge of welcoming and protecting those migrants who today come looking for work” Pope Francis speaking in Mauritius, September 2019.
13. Young people today can be drawn to the Faith and supported in their Faith by music, Film and the Arts in general.
14. “Young people’s intensified demand for climate action is a sign of hope during the planet’s ecological crisis” Cardinal Peter Turkson, Prefect of the Dicastery for promoting Integral Human Development, July 2019.
15. “A Church that does not listen…cannot be credible, especially for the young who will inevitably turn away rather than approach” Pope Francis at the opening of the Youth Synod.
16. Young people also underline how the troubles, divisions and fragility of families are a source of great suffering to many of them. Instrumentum Laboris for Youth Synod.