The Catholic Home Education Awards are a new initiative to get home-educated children involved in their faith in a creative and fun way, while also connecting home-educating families around Ireland through this friendly competition.
What are the categories?
Children and teenagers, aged between 4-17, can enter through one of the following categories:
1. Arts and Crafts – Enter any piece of arts or crafts that they’ve done throughout the year.
Examples: A picture, icon, woodwork, metalwork, embroidery, etc
2. Literature (As Gaeilge or English) – Examples: A short story, poem, etc
Works must be typed up and emailed.
3. Music – Send a video or audio of your child performing a piece of music.
This can be a group or solo performance.
- A child can enter into more than one category, but please submit only one entry per category.
- When entering, please remember to include the child’s name and age.
- Entries do not have to be based on a religious theme, but are preferred.
What is the aim of the awards?
The Catholic Home Education Awards have been established to encourage home-educated children in a love of their Faith, through a creative and fun competition that will also create a bigger sense of community among home-educated families through the awards.
When is the deadline and how can I send in my child’s work?
The deadline for receiving entries will be the 9th of April 2023 (Easter Sunday). Please send all entries to us via email – email@example.com
Where and when will the winners be announced?
The award ceremony will be at the convent of the Sister Adorers of the Royal Heart in Ardee on the 29th of April and more details will be sent to those who have sent in an entry.
Who is organising the awards?
The awards are being organised by the Knights of Saint Columbanus, Council 3, with the aim of restoring all things in Christ for those home-educating their children.